Thursday 3 December 2015

Happy December: 5 new things and an afterthought


Pinch punch, third of the month (it could be a thing).
I bought a couple of cool things this week, and even more pleasingly have had some lovely things bought for Christmas.



HP
I am unconditionally bound to Harry Potter and evidently don’t care who knows it.  My friend bought me these amazing note cards, so that when I send people letters or thank you notes or birthday cards, I can entirely cement into your heads the fact I am a 24 year old Bellatrix wannabe. You know, in case there were any doubts.


NOBEL
My mother and I brought some of this tea home, the last time that we went to Cyprus. I have a large but well managed obsession with tea, and if I see chai tea in a shop I tend to buy it. No two chai tea brands are ever the same, as chai is a blend of different spices. Each manufacturer makes it to their own taste. Although this isn’t called Chai, it is the same type of flavour and my all time favourite tea. Soz, but you can only buy it on an obscure Cypriot website.


MAC
Speaking of obsessions, lipstick and I have a consistently OTT relationship. Mainly dark berries and burgundies, but why even lie? Any colour. A wonderful friend of mine bought me an early Christmas present: Dark Side Amplified. It is a dark chocolate brown lipstick, which she added a lip pencil (Nightmoth) to. The lip pencil is considerably darker than the lipstick, and if you blend the two together at the edges, your lips will look INSANE. I might not have to get those lip fillers after all, cheers Georgia.


VOGUE
In addition to the make-up and the note cards, this annoyingly good friend of mine bought me one of these bad boys. I’ve always loved colouring in. Actually, no. When I was at the age when I should have loved colouring in, I was horrific at it. I tend to get bored quite easily and as soon as I’d screw up and colour outside of the lines I was all “Yeah great what else is new”. But ever since colouring for adults has found itself back in style, it has also found itself miraculously into my house. In all seriousness, it helps with anxiety and depression, as well as it being fucking cool. This specific Vogue book has dated annotations of each cover girl you’re colouring in.


BAUBLES
Finally, I thought I’d end it on a festive note. While in London last week I had to stop at Harrods, because the Christmas season needs THREE things to begin for me. I’ve gone to the German market, I watched Love, Actually and so... Harrods was the only thing left. I’m not living with my mother anymore so even though I’ll be there over Christmas, I have my own home to decorate now. Being a VM means I have seen a lot of Christmas Shops, decorated a lot of trees in a lot of expensive baubles. No amount of experience will ever prepare you for Harrods Christmas World 2015. I bought a couple of baubles to adorn my sad bare tree with tomorrow, when the incessant decorating begins.


AFTERTHOUGHT
If you find yourself bored and too broke for Netflix, AmazonPrime has an AMAZING one time miniseries out about one of my favourite things: ballet. Flesh & Bone is addictive and kind of verges on sickening. This show touches on every theme ever. Sex, dancing, opera, incest, love and caviar. I urge you to watch it, you will be buying me colouring books and lipstick in no time.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment